25 Nov 2021
The event will be held in a hybrid format, conventional at the headquarters of the AfCFTA Secretariat in Accra – GHANA, and virtual retransmission giving the opportunity to thousands of participants to follow live the deliberation and interact with C-Level representatives from Economic Zones, Investments and Promotions Agencies and key experts from International organizations.
The AEZO 6th Annual Meeting will highlight the importance of Special Economic Zones (SEZs) in the development of Global Value Chains in the context of African Free Trade Area (AfCFTA).
- Discussions will capture the following inputs for deliberations:
- Provide evidence on the extent of Global Value Chains (GVCs) participation by African SEZs;
- Review the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on Africa’s supply chains to highlight both the disruptions induced by the pandemic and the opportunities that it presents.
- Reflect the role of regional integration in strengthening regional value chains and enhancing African markets’ competitiveness;
- Share insights on key trends driving African RVCs and shaping the operating environment for SEZs in the region;
- Raise awareness on interlinkages between GVCs, AfCFTA and SEZs;
- Recommendations and actions to be undertaken on connecting African SEZs to GVCs at the era of the AfCFTA.
To register for in-person participation at the event, click here: https://www.africaeconomiczones.com/registration/
To register for online participation for the event, click here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_j2dYuydMTuSnNSq0an9cmg
More details including registration and the concept note can be found here: https://lnkd.in/d699UqdQ