02 Jul 2013
Oxford Business Group is pleased to announce its media partnership with the Global Tourism Cities Conference 2013 which will be held on 02 – 03 July, in Sarawak. In this respect we send you the following message from the conference organisers:
Dear Oxford Business Group Subscribers,
Some of the key experts from the world of tourism cities planning will be sharing insights at the Global Tourism Cities Conference 2013. The international conference on tourism cities infrastructure development will be held at The Borneo Convention Centre Kuching (BCCK), Sarawak, Malaysia from 2 – 3 July 2013.
The theme for this upcoming event is ‘Building A Sustainable Global Tourism City’. The two-day conference will be divided into four main sessions and a special forum focusing on over 12 specific subjects, belong others:
- Tourism City Planning: Key Factor to Success
- Infrastructure Development for Sustainable Urban Tourism
- Heritage and Amusement As Tourism City Attractions
- Success Stories of Regional Urban Tourism Cities
- Tourism Industry Catalyst Forum: Building A Sustainable Global Tourism City of The Future: Balancing The Socio-Economy and Environment Aspects
Prof. Dr. Walter Jamieson, the Director of the Service Innovation Program at Thammasat University and Senior Advisor to the Director of Extension at AIT will be delivering the keynote speech on ‘The Challenges of Providing Innovative Tourism Infrastructure in Asia’. Mr. Scott Dunn, the Vice President of AECOM in Southeast Asia and Mr. Angel Diaz, the President of Landware, Spain will be addressing concerns on the ‘Tourism City Planning’.
The Summit will also include the below presentations:
- ‘Universal Design of Transport Systems and Tourism Transport Action Plans to Meeting Growing Tourism Industry Expectations’, Mr. Kevin Ratnasingam, sustainable transportation planning expert
- ‘Universal Design of Transport Systems and Tourism Transport Action Plans to Meeting Growing Tourism Industry Expectations’, Dato’ Kamal Ariffin Zaharin, award winning urban planner
- ‘Development of Magnetic Heritage and Amusement Attractions to Boost City Tourism’, Mr. Kevin Barbee, President and Chief Designer of KB Creative Advisors
- ‘Lessons From The Adaptive Reuse Of Historical Buildings’, Prof. Amran Hamzah, Advisor of Tourism Planning Research Group, Malaysia
- ‘Organisation of Sports Events and Festivities as Urban Tourism Attractions’, Prof. Brian E.M. King, School of Hotel and Tourism Management, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong.
The main goal of the conference is to provide tourism cities planners, government authorities, mayors, municipal councils, decision makers, being C-level executives as well as related business leaders, with the knowledge and the connections they need in order to make valid business decisions over the coming years.
For further information on the topics and speakers at Global Tourism Cities Conference, please visit www.globaltourismcitiesconference.com or call the secretariat at +603-4045 5999.