18 Jul 2013
Oxford Business Group is pleased to announce its media partnership with the 10th ASEAN Leadership Forum which will be held on 18 July, in Malaysia. In this respect we send you the following message from the conference organisers:
Dear Oxford Business Group Subscribers,
10th ASEAN Leadership Forum
“ASEAN at a Crossroads – Towards a Common Future, Shared Prosperity and Regional Stability”
18th July 2013 Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa, Petaling Jaya
10th ASEAN Leadership Forum will take place in Petaling Jaya on 18th July 2013. This annual series is held close to the ASEAN Summit every year to discuss the critical issues and strategic challenges faced by ASEAN regions, business and investment opportunities in the region, resulting from other regional economic integrations.
Click here for more information
ASEAN Leaders have established a deadline of 31st December 2015 to achieve the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC). The realisation of the AEC will be a big step for ASEAN after the intra-ASEAN trade increasing its sustainability.
With AFTA-China-ASEAN Trade substantially growing since the effect of China-ASEAN Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA), China has now become ASEAN’s largest trading partner while ASEAN has become China’s 8th largest trading partner.
The 10th ASEAN Leadership Forum will bring together government, business, civil society and thought leaders to reflect on ASEAN’s achievements and success with the shortcomings challenges and opportunities in future.
The Forum will provide a strategic platform for some of the great minds in ASEAN to discuss the road ahead for ASEAN and what the future holds for the region.
Keynote speakers at this year’s Forum:
- The Hon. Dato’ Sri Mustapa Mohamed, Minister of International Trade & Industry, Malaysia;
- The Hon. Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, former Prime Minister of Malaysia;
- H.E. Le Luong Minh, ASEAN Secretary-General;
- H.E. Mr. Lee Yi Shyan, Senior Minister of State for Trade and Industry, Singapore;
- The Hon. Dato’ Sri Anifah Aman, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia;
- H.E. Ong Keng Yong, former ASEAN Secretary-General;
- H.E. Dr. Yukio Hatoyama, former Prime Minister of Japan;
- Ambassador Chung Hae Moon, Secretary-General, ASEAN-Korea Centre
For more information please visit our website: