It also argues that in understanding Islam’s spheres of influence within economics, sustainable development, global values and international institutions, Islamic perspectives can offer innovative solutions to current global crises.
October 2016 will mark the biennial conference hosted by the WMLF. The conference will aim to address the impact Islamic values, beliefs and teachings have on global models. In understanding this impact, the WMLF highlights the influential position Islam holds towards a range of spheres such as finance, jurisprudence, development and knowledge. The WMLF understands the need for Muslims to be the forerunners in these spheres, in order to be agents of change within the globalised world. The conference shall therefore bring leaders, contemporary scholars and experts from various fields together to illustrate the significant and unique contributions Islam can, and does make, to global issues.
Who should attend?
- Board of Directors
- C-Level Executives and Business Owners
- Mid-to-Senior-Level Managers
- Government Officials
- Non-Governmental Organisations and Non-Profit Organisations
- UN bodies
- The interfaith community
- Get a holistic understanding on ways in which Islamic beliefs, values and structures can offer sustainable solutions to the current global crises.
- Learn how to construct an integrated, mobilised Muslim leadership network that will work together towards enhancing their positive spheres of influence.
- Engage in a platform in which global Muslim leaders can collaborate and discuss ideas, and solutions towards a more peaceful future.
- Capitalise on the collective knowledge of thought from leaders in various fields towards finding solutions to the current global crises.