Oxford Business Group is pleased to announce its media partnership with the GCC Supply Chain & Logistics Conference which will be held on 15 – 16 April, in Oman. In this respect we send you the following message from the conference organisers:
Dear Oxford Business Group Subscribers,
GCC Supply Chain & Logistics Conference
15 – 16, April 2013
Bustan Palace, Carlton Ritz Hotel Muscat, Oman
GCC Supply Chain & Logistics Conference, organized in association with the Ministry of Transport & Communications, Sultanate of Oman.
Al Nimr Expo is pleased to announce the upcoming GCC Supply Chain & Logistics Conference, held under the theme “Oman’s Strategic Role as GCC Gateway and Indian Ocean Rim Hub.” The event is also supported by the Oman Logistics & Supply Chain Association (under formation), Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (CILT) and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Muscat.
The 2-day conference will bring together government officials from Oman and overseas, along with more than 30 regional and global industry leaders who will share their views on various topical issues and opportunities for the supply chain and logistics sector. Through interactive panel discussion, industry experts will also tap the role Oman will play in the GCC and the Arab region through its mega infrastructure projects.
This event will also provide participating companies and delegates the opportunity to explore and identify key investment opportunities in Oman’s world-class ports, airports and free zones.
Confirmed VIP Speakers at the GCC Supply Chain & Logistics Conference 2013 includes:
- H.E. Dr. Ahmed bin Mohammed bin Salim Al Futaisi, Minister of Transport & Communication, Sultanate of Oman
- H. E. Melanie Schultz van Haegen, Minister of Infrastructure and the Environment, Kingdom of Netherlands
- Robert D. Kaplan, Chief Geopolitical Analyst for Stratfor, and author of 14 books on foreign affairs and travel. He has also authored the book “Monsoon: The Indian Ocean and the Future of American Power”, which is about the Indian Ocean region and the future of energy supplies and maritime trade routes in the 21st century. The book includes a chapter on Oman and its role at the Indian Ocean Rim. Kaplan was recently chosen by “Foreign Policy Magazine” as among the world’s “Top 100 Global Thinkers.”
- Dr. John Gattorna, Global ‘Thought Leader, Adviser and Author’ – Dr. Gattorna advises leading global enterprises about the design and operation of their companies’ supply chains. He is very knowledgeable about the Middle East, having advised many local companies, including Petroleum Development Oman on its 4PL model.
- Roger Agnelli, Former CEO, Vale - Under Mr. Agnelli's leadership, Vale grew to become Brazil’s largest exporter and the second largest diversified mining company in the world.
- GCC Supply Chain & Logistics Conference
- Official Launching of “Expedition Oman”
- Bilateral Omani-Netherlands Roundtable Discussion on Transport & Logistics
- Gala Dinner
Your participation and support in making this event a great success will be of enormous value.
Thank you in advance and we look forward to welcoming you at this prestigious event.
For more information about the conference, please call us at +968 2470 0656 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org