Oxford Business Group is pleased to announce its media partnership with the first Africa Maritime Indaba which will be held on 24 – 25 October, in South Africa. In this respect we send you the following message from the conference organisers:
Dear Oxford Business Group Subscribers,
The first Africa Maritime Indaba 24-25 October 2013, IDC Sandton
Khumo Group will convene the inaugural Africa Maritime Indaba conference, which will focus on highlighting the role that the African Maritime industry plays in global trade.
This forum aims to provide an opportunity for maritime stakeholders to bring maritime priorities to the fore, to drive real change across the continent. The conference will host the Africa Maritime Trade Forum, a maritime trade-focused exhibition which will allow exhibitors to showcase cutting-edge maritime products and services. The greatest task that we would like to achieve is to ensure that the agenda boosts trade, investment and industrialisation in South Africa and the rest of the continent. The audience is expected to come from regions such as the E.U and BRICS and we aim to strengthen the ease to trade among these regions.
The Africa Maritime Indaba forum’s ultimate aim will be to lay the foundation for increased intra-African trade with maritime at the fore and to improve relations within the maritime fraternity. This will be strictly measured and the progress will be tracked and reported on through Khumo Group’s facilitation.
The Forum aims to achieve amongst others the following objectives:
- To act as an essential catalyst for the creation of an African maritime industry, where no such integrated pan-African view of currently exists and to unleash the potential of Africa’s maritime sector for development and growth.
- To become the world’s largest gathering of the most influential stakeholders – financiers, investors, maritime professionals, SMEs and entrepreneurs, government officials and others - in African maritime.
- To expose opportunities for investment in the sector both through focused discussion around targeted areas of potential and through promotion and networking in the context of the Africa Maritime Trade Forum
- To build business and public networks around targeted maritime initiatives and opportunities, and to precipitate the signing of MoUs between key strategic players
- To provide a forum to launch and discuss the African Union’s Maritime Strategy, as well as other key maritime initiatives aimed at strengthening the continent’s maritime sector.
The sectors that will be targeted will include amongst others:
- Port management
- Shipping and logistics;
- Finance and investment
- Offshore shipping, oil and gas;
- Fisheries and aquaculture;
- Maritime training (shipping, logistics and port management related)
We look forward to adding value with your brand in propelling Africa’s maritime potential.
Khumo Group CEO