This year’s event will introduce lean construction principles and an optional exclusive course on May 25, which will be independent from the main conference.
New participants will learn the following:
- How to deploy BIM-based practices across a company;
- How to frequently and efficiently connect a construction site to the design (with a focus on lean construction);
- How to leverage lean construction management methods for better control of material flows and construction work;
- How to focus on key value-adding BIM applications;
- Application and value of BIM for complex projects like infrastructure, research facilities and hospitals
- Common applications of BIM and lean principles for diverse types of projects.
Participants experienced in BIM and lean construction will learn the following:
- How to think about the strategy of a company considering the power of BIM and lean-related technologies and methodologies;
- How to minimise waste of materials, time and effort using the latest lean construction principles;
- How to implement BIM-based design, planning, coordination and construction processes and learn about work progression and how to detect major problems;
- Opportunities beyond basic BIM implementation;
- How BIM and project controls help ensure that every job is done right the first time;
- How to connect BIM-based information with daily construction work and planning.