Oxford Business Group is pleased to announce our media partnership with World Halal Forum which will be held on 4 – 5 April in Kuala Lumpur. In this respect, we send you the following message from the conference organisers:
Dear Oxford Business Group subscribers,
The 6th World Halal Forum
“The Power of Values in Global Markets”
4-5 April 2011 Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre
Welcome to the 6th World Halal Forum – The Premier Global Halal Industry Event
In the past five years, Halal has become a global issue. Halal now plays a role in government policies, multinational corporate strategies, SME development, R&D and marketing. And more. Halal has a major impact in the food sector and beyond affecting manufacturing, retail, restaurant, travel and hospitality sectors. Halal is increasingly a factor in health, safety, labelling and quality control issues all over the world.
The Halal markets are here to stay, and they are expanding faster than their mainstream counterparts.
The World Halal Forum, through its off-shoot, the International Halal Integrity Alliance, continues to make significant progress in the ongoing task of developing standards and best practices to promote integrity throughout the Halal supply chain.
For 2011, the WHF is going back to its roots to bring a renewed spirit of creative vision and inspiration to the wider Halal market. As we enter a new decade, we recognise the formulation of a new chapter of development for the Halal sector.
In the words of the Malaysian Prime Minister, YAB Dato Seri Najib Tun Razak, “We need to think beyond industries and move into the larger realm of a Halal Economy…a value-based economy rooted in trust, integrity and fairness”
The twin pillars of this Halal Economy are the Halal products sector and the Islamic Financial services sector. The convergence of these two Shariah-based industries forms a strong economic platform that is built on shared set values – values that will play an increasingly strategic role in shaping global markets in the coming decade.
Under the theme “The Power of Values in Global Markets” the WHF 2011 will be highlighting thought-leaders from around the world in various sectors of the broader Halal market arena. Sessions for WHF 2011 will focus on:
• The inevitable convergence of the Halal and Islamic Finance sectors, and the impact this will have on both sides over the coming decade.
• Case studies examining how to position products that reflect Halal values in the mainstream marketplace.
• Dealing with diversity: regional Halal-related trends and issues in a global marketplace.
• Halal values in print, on TV and online. The role of conventional, digital and social media in shaping consumer perceptions as well as providing access to 1.7 billion potential customers.
• How the rise of Halal-friendly travel is revolutionising the hospitality, tourism and MICE industries.
• Progress reports and new directions for the World Halal Forum’s global network, including updates on WHF London and IHI Alliance projects.
The WHF network has been shaping the global Halal-related markets since 2006. For anyone interested in how the Halal markets and industries around the world are likely to develop over the coming decade, the World Halal Forum will bring that vision within reach.
Come and share the vision.
WHF 2011 Rates
• WHF RETURN DELEGATE RM 1,400
• EARLY BIRD RATE (until 28 February 2011) RM 1,400
• GROUP RATE (more than 3) RM 1,300
• DELEGATION RATE (more than 10) RM 1,000
• DELEGATE RATE (from 1st March 2011) RM 1,600
Please convert to your currency when remitting
Transaction charges to be borne by delegate. Secretariat to receive full payment