Oxford Business Group is pleased to announce its media partnership with Singapore International Energy Week which will be held on 22 – 25 October, in Singapore. In this respect we send you the following message from the conference organisers:
Dear Oxford Business Group Subscribers,
The energy world meets in Singapore once again this year to discuss trends, issues and solutions that will impact the future of the global energy landscape. The fifth annual Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW) takes place from 22 to 25 October 2012.
As with previous SIEW events, the SIEW 2012 programme will encompass high-level strategic discussions held on the first day, and industry-level business activities, including conferences, roundtable discussions, trade exhibitions and networking events, which will run concurrently throughout the week.
This year, SIEW adopts the theme "Shaping a New Energy Landscape". It reflects the need for government and industry to re-examine the issues facing the sector against the backdrop of an evolving energy landscape, and to map a pathway to market-relevant solutions to ensure energy security.
Highlights from SIEW 2012 include:
- The Singapore Energy Summit, a senior-level forum bringing together ministers, policymakers, business leaders and academics, including Maria van der Hoeven, Executive Director, International Energy Agency (IEA); Jose Maria Figueres, President of the Carbon War Room; and Ruth Cairnie, Executive Vice-President Strategy and Planning, Royal Dutch Shell. These eminent speakers will share their views on the following topics:
- Options for the Future Energy Mix
- Financing Tomorrow’s Energy Needs
- Keeping the Door to 2°C Open
- Connecting the Dots: Energy–Water–Food Nexus
- Specialist and Thinktank Roundtable sessions on opportunities and challenges in the electricity sector in Asia and the world; the potential of LNG hubs in Asia; the latest developments and technologies in offshore renewable energy generation, transmission and distribution; and natural gas in transportation.
- Business-to-Business conferences & exhibitions covering the entire spectrum of the energy industry from oil and gas, clean and renewable energy, smart grids, electricity markets, carbon abatement and energy trading:
- Asia Future Energy Forum – 23 to 24 October
- Asia Smart Grid – 23 to 24 October
- Downstream Asia – 24 to 25 October
- EMART Asia – 23 to 24 October
- PV Asia Pacific Expo – 23 to 25 October
- Gas Summit Asia – 24 to 25 October
- Networking receptions and online business-matching systems for delegates to strengthen existing relationships and foster new contacts.
Through a combination of platforms, SIEW acts as the catalyst to facilitate and encourage high-level dialogue, commercial business development and thoughtful conversations across the entire sector. SIEW will take place at the Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands from 22 to 25 October. For more information on SIEW and to register,
please visit http://siew.sg or contact email@example.com
SIEW, Singapore's flagship energy event, is organised by the Singapore Energy Market Authority (EMA), a statutory board under the Ministry of Trade & Industry.
About the Energy Market Authority The Energy Market Authority (EMA) is a statutory board under the Ministry of Trade and Industry. Our main goals are to ensure a reliable and secure energy supply, promote effective competition in the energy market, and develop a dynamic energy sector in Singapore. Through our work, we seek to forge a progressive energy landscape for sustained growth. Please visit our website www.ema.gov.sg for more information.