Oxford Business Group is pleased to announce our media partnership with the Oman Construction Summit 2011, which will be held on 30 January-2 February 2011 at the Grand Hyatt, in Muscat, Oman. In this respect, we send you the following message from the conference organisers:
Dear Oxford Business Group subscribers,
The first event dedicated to Oman’s construction projects and investment opportunities
Under the patronage of the Ministry of Housing, Oman
Over the past decade, the Sultanate of Oman has been pursuing a policy of sound economic diversification and sustainable expansion. As a result, the economy was spared the worst effects of the global economic downturn and the country is increasing its international profile.
To take advantage of the Sultanate’s geographical position that gives it strong potential in the trade, transport and tourism sectors, massive investment in the country’s infrastructures is required. Driven by its Vision 2020, the Omani government is set to develop infrastructure projects with every economy sector benefiting from the increased public spending. Oman’s construction industry is valued at US $3.7 billion in 2010 and is expected to grow at an average annual rate of 5.8% between 2010 and 2014.
This is a must attend event for Omani government organisations, Omani ministries, private developers, consultants, contractors, designers, architects, engineers, building material suppliers and manufacturers.
Distinguished guests and speakers include:
- H.H. Sayyid Harib Bin Thuwaini Al Said, Assistant Secretary General, Council of Ministers for Conferences
- H.E. Dr. Ibrahim Baqer Al Ajmi, Chairman, Tourism and Real Estate Investment Committee, Oman Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Dr. Maurice Girgis, Duqm Project Advisor, Ministry of National Economy
- Wael Bin Ahmed Al Lawati, Chief Executive Officer, Oman Tourism Development Company (OMRAN)
- Ibrahim Sultan Al Hosni, Investment Manager, Oman Tourism Development Company (OMRAN)
- Eng. Siham Ahmed Al Harthy, Director General for Planning and Studies, Ministry of Housing
- Eng. Salim Bin Mohammed Al Affani, Director General for Physical Planning, Oman Supreme Committee for Town Planning
- Eng. Zahir Khalid Suleiman Al-Suleimani, Director General of Projects, Public Authority for Electricity and Water (PAEW)