Oxford Business Group is pleased to announce its media partnership with the Myanmar Private Sector Investment Summit which will be held on 28 – 30 January, in Myanmar. In this respect we send you the following message from the conference organisers:
Dear Oxford Business Group Subscribers,
Myanmar Private Sector Investment Summit (MPSIS), on 28-30 Jan 2013 in Yangon clarifies laws and highlight business opportunities in Myanmar
The Republic of the Union of Myanmar Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry (UMFCCI), is an influential business federation in Myanmar. UMFCCI is hosting the Myanmar Private Sector Investment Summit (MPSIS) in Yangon along with Singapore based conference specialist Advantique Group.
Scheduled on 28-30 January 2013 at the Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon, MPSIS provides essential information about doing business and investing in Myanmar.
The program agenda of MPSIS is designed to help participants make informed decisions about doing business in Myanmar through an in-depth understanding of the important laws, policies and entry strategies. High-level speakers consisting of government officials, established private companies in Myanmar as well as professionals well versed with investing in Myanmar will cover the following issues:
- Clarifications on the Latest Foreign Investment Law in Myanmar
- Myanmar’s Tax Structure and International Tax Aspects
- Banking, Foreign Exchange, Repatriating Profits
- Site Selection, Land Laws and Leasing
- Structuring JV and Managing Disputes
- Trading: How Can Foreign Companies Trade In Myanmar Despite The Restriction?
- Opportunities in Myanmar: Manufacturing, Construction, Real Estate, Tourism, Agriculture Production & Processing (cash crops), Plantation (rubber & oil palm) & Timber.
Key Features of Myanmar Private Sector Investment Summit (MPSIS):
- Comprehensive Agenda that Highlights All Essential Information About Investing, Setting Up and Succeeding in Myanmar, including:
- Interpretation Of The New Foreign Investment Law and the Implementation Guidelines;
- How Can You Get Approval to Invest in Restricted Sectors;
click here to view the full agenda
- Hosted and Supported by UMFCCI: Good opportunity to connect with UMFCCI members (Myanmar companies)
- 1-to-1 Business Consult Clinics which allow the attendees to seek advice on doing business in Myanmar (booking required upon registration to secure a place as there are designated slots; no extra charges)
- Myanmar Immersion Talks about Myanmar’s customs and etiquettes
- Complimentary 1/2 day tour of Yangon (booking required upon registration to secure a place; minimum 20 sign-ups required for the tour)
- Find the Right Partners in Myanmar: Includes entry to cocktail reception for informal networking. Personalised Business Matching Session available at an additional USD100 per person only.
Till the end of 2012, you can quote the promotional code “MPSIS-OBG” and save USD300 from the standard rate of USD1590, also the usual processing fee is waived. The promotion is valid for sign up before 31 December 2012.