Oxford Business Group is pleased to announce our media partnership with the Islamic Finance News Roadshow in Brunei, which will be held on 13 December 2010, in Brunei. In this respect, we send you the following message from the conference organisers:
Dear Oxford Business Group subscribers,
You are cordially invited to attend the Islamic Finance news Roadshow in Brunei on the 13th December 2010 at The Empire Hotel & Country Club.
Key speakers include:
- Muhd Jamil Abas Abdul Ali - Abrahams Davidson & Co.
- Javed Ahmad - Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam
- Hamel Shah - Amiri Capital
- Mohamad Damshal Awang Damit - Amundi Asset Management
- Sri Anne Haji Masri - Seri Yil Kabier Ltd
09:30 – 10:15 Session One: Islamic Finance Regulatory and Infrastructure Developments
Discussing key industry and regulatory developments and benefitting from opportunities
- Where does Islamic finance stand in Brunei now?
- Discussing local and regional developments in Islamic markets, including taxation, regulatory, and ratings issues
- Discussing the local prudential and capital markets regulatory environment
- Role of governmental bodies, regulators and private bodies in encouraging Islamic finance in Brunei
Moderator: Mohd Zahid Abdul Aziz - Director, Muamalah Financial Consulting
Panelists: CIMB Islamic Malaysia Muhd Jamil Abas Abdul Ali - Senior Partner, Abrahams Davidson & Co. Javed Ahmad - Acting Managing Director, Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam
10:15 – 11:00 Session Two: Islamic products: What Can and Can’t be Done?
Assessing the development of Islamic finance products in Brunei and the regional markets
- Shariah compliant versus Shariah based products
- Developments and updates in existing products including;
- Takaful, re-Takaful & BancaTakaful
- Private equity
- Structured products
- Fund & wealth management
- The potential for further innovation
Standardization of products to increase cross-border acceptability
- Recent regulatory and taxation changes relevant to Islamic finance in Brunei, and what they really mean
Moderator: TBC Panelists: Hamel Shah - Partner, Amiri Capital Ariff Sultan - Business Development Director, Dow Jones AER Company Inc
11:00 – 11:30 Coffee Break
11:30 – 12:00 Presentation From an international regulator representing a key Islamic finance market
12:00 – 12:45 Session Three: Issuing & Investing in the Islamic Financial Markets
The development of Islamic issuance and investments in Brunei and Southeast Asia, and its potential
- Challenges for private issuers
- Growth of private equity and sovereign wealth funds in Islamic finance
- Identifying growth areas, market opportunities, potential investors and issuers
- Discovering and adapting to changes in the issuing and investing marketplace
- Increasing foreign participation in Brunei's Islamic financial market
Panelists: Robin Cheok Van Kee - Managing Partner, Cheok Advocates & Solicitors Mohamad Damshal Awang Damit - Managing Director, Amundi Asset Management Mohd Farid Kamarudin - Head, Sukuk and Alternative Investment, AmIslamic Funds Management CIMB, Islamic Malaysia
12:45 – 13:30 Session Four: Increasing Islamic Finance Growth Pace in Brunei
Identifying challenges facing Islamic finance in Brunei, and finding solutions
- Macro issues concerning Islamic finance in Brunei
- Addressing taxation issues and recent developments
- Financing policies and procedures in Brunei's Islamic finance and how they are evolving
- Addressing imbalances between rapid growth and bank capability – are Brunei's financial institutions prepared for further growth of Islamic finance?
- Comparing management of Islamic finance in Brunei to Malaysia and South East Asia - Can Brunei compete?
Moderator: Ariff Sultan - Business Development Director, Dow Jones AER Company Inc
Panelists: Sri Anne Haji Masri - Executive Manager, The Withanage Group Incorporated Shazali Sulaiman - Partner, KPMG Brunei Ahmad Fadhlan Yahya - Vice President- Head Shariah Secretariat & Compliance Department, Al Rajhi Bank
Designed to generate ideas and fresh views to help you develop new or alternative ways to improve your business, this Roadshow aims to explore and analyze the latest developments in the Bruneian Islamic financial market and to tap the valuable potential which has yet to emerge.
As a delegate, you will learn about Islamic finance in Brunei as well as its role in the larger global market. You will also have the opportunity to meet key industry experts and like minded delegates during networking sessions.
Attendance, while FREE, is by invitation only and open to those who register and have an active interest in this fast growing industry.
To register now please visit: http://www.ifnroadshow.com/reg_brunei.asp
For more information, please contact:
Rowan Garland Events Marketing Executive Tel : 603 2162 7800 ext. 42 Email : Rowan.Garland@REDmoneygroup.com