Oxford Business Group is pleased to announce its media partnership with the Africa Hotel Investment Forum, which will be held on 25 – 26 September, in Nairobi. In this respect we send you the following message from the conference organisers:
Dear Oxford Business Group Subscribers,
Building on the success of 2011 in Casablanca, the Africa Hotel Investment Forum (AHIF) 2012 will take place on 25-26 September at the InterContinental, Nairobi. The ‘Africa Opportunity’ is one too huge to ignore, especially for anyone serious about growing their hotel investments.
IMF expects Africa to grow by 6% in 2012 – double that of many developed Western Countries. The AHIF 2012 programme brings together local and global players focused on 'Breaking New Ground' and defining how to succeed within hotel investment in Africa.
Click here to view the full agenda.
Conference highlights include:
- Welcome address by Hon. Dan Mwazo, MP, Minister of Tourism, Kenya
- A keynote address by Ian Goldin, Oxford Professor and economic advisor to Nelson Mandela, followed by a question and answer session led by the Chairman of Jones Lang LaSalle Hotels, Arthur De Haast
- A panel session on risk, with some of the world’s most successful hoteliers - Kurt Ritter, President & CEO, Rezidor Hotel Group, Alex Kyriakidis, President & Managing Director Middle East & Africa, Marriott International Inc, and Graham Wood, Managing Director, Tsogo Sun Hotels
- David Scowsill, President & CEO of the World Travel & Tourism Council explaining what African governments can do to create tourism jobs and growth
- Four of the leading executives in the African budget and mid-market hotel sector, including Ewan Cameron, CEO, Lonrho Hotels, discussing the best opportunities in this niche and the criteria for success
A selection of speakers include: Tewolde GebreMariam, CEO, Ethiopian Airlines; Lawrence Yates, Director of Business Development - Westmont Hospitality Group; John Mark Wandol, Director Corporate Division - KCB Group; Trevor Ward, Managing Director & Founder, W Hospitality Group; Neil Steffen, Joint Chief Executive Officer, Fly540.
For a full line up of speakers click here.
AHIF 2012 is the premier hotel investment conference in the continent. AHIF will be attended by leaders of the hospitality industry, investors, consultants and by the media from Africa and around the world.
800 USD Discount for Oxford Business Group Members
Register here and type in your discounted code: OBG010M