With a fast growing economy and its archipelagic nature, there is huge potential to develop the shipping sector, port development and management. With the government proposing 6 billion dollars in port investment, the five ports earmarked for expansion are located in north Sumatra, Jakarta, east Java, south Sulawesi and Papua. The ports would be able to accommodate larger vessels and feeder lines would be built to serve smaller ports.
Keeping all this in perspective, some of the major topics to be addressed at this Summit are:
- Policies and Initiatives undertaken by the Ministry of Transportation in Indonesia
- Overview of Port Projects in Indonesia
- Challenges faced by the Port Operators and Where Do the Real Opportunities for Investors Lie?
- Investing in Ports in South-East Asia
Some of the speakers we are looking to confirm this year are –
- Mr. Adolf Richard Tambunan – Director of Port & Dredging for Ministry of Transportation, Indonesia
- Mr. Mulyono – President Director for Pelindo IV
- Mr. Iman A Sulaiman – Director of Operations and Technical for Pelindo I
For more information, please contact –
Dennis A. Bridgeforth
Group Marketing Manager
T: +8621 6085 1000