– Global supply chains severely disrupted by Covid-19
– Multinationals turn to China +1 and nearshoring
– Worldwide increase in regionalisation and localisation
– Major regional trade deals signed or accelerated
– Efforts to address structural vulnerabilities to the economic and health effects of Covid-19
– Significant private sector stimulus complemented the public response
– Despite severe economic fallout, a number of countries recorded positive growth
– Implementation of AfCFTA to support greater regional trade in the future
– Economies in the region were hit by reduced trade volumes and lower oil prices
– Governments launched extensive stimulus packages to stabilise their economies
– Short-term recovery will be tied to oil prices and the resumption of travel
– The pandemic looks set to accelerate economic diversification efforts
In what ways have personal interactions and networking changed in the business community during the Covid-19 pandemic?
HEALTH: The government declared different levels of lockdowns and social distancing measures to mitigate the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. As in many countries, the strictness of the measures varies according to the number of confirmed Covid-19 cases at the time. Entry may also be restricted depending on the purpose of the trip. As...
CROWNE PLAZA MANILA GALLERIA Ortigas Ave and Asian Development Bank Ave Quezon City 1100 T: +63 2 8633 7222 www.crowneplaza.com/galleriamanila email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org Rooms: 262 rooms, including 40 suites. Rooms are equipped with mini-bar, tea and coffee maker, pillowtop beds, refrigerators and LED televisions....
Stay updated on how some of the world’s most promising markets are being affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, and what actions governments and private businesses are taking to mitigate challenges and ensure their long-term growth story continues.
Register now and also receive a complimentary 2-month licence to the OBG Research Terminal.Register Here×