Oxford Business Group is pleased to announce its media partnership with The Future of Unconventional Oil & Gas in Egypt Roundtable which will be held on 3rd October, in Egypt. In this respect we send you the following message from the conference organisers:
Dear Oxford Business Group Subscribers,
The Future of Unconventional Oil and Gas in Egypt Roundtable, hosted by Egypt Oil & Gas will occur on October 3, 2013 at the Kattameya Heights Clubhouse. The event aims to create dialogue among government officials as well as industry executives about Egypt’s potential development of its unconventional resources and what possible challenges may be faced. Ahmed Abdel-Fatah the Vice Chairman for Exploration at Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC) will moderate the event. Tarek El Molla, the Chairman of EGPC, will provide the opening remarks. Mustafa Orabi, the North Africa Technology Manager for Halliburton will be giving a presentation on the “Potential of Unconventional Resources in Egypt.
Prominent figures in Egypt’s oil and gas sector will participate in panel discussions on:
- Incentives and risks in pursuing unconventional resources in Egypt;
- Can government infrastructure and policy accommodate unconventional exploration and production;
- Environmental feasibility and consequences of unconventional resources in Egypt;
- Recommendations for the perspectives of government officials and industry executives.
Each discussion will last for 45 minutes and at the end of the afternoon an open discussion will be held. Government representatives who will be attending include:
- Taher Abd El Reheem the Chairman of EGAS,
- Ayman Abdel-Monsef the Vice Chairman Assistant for Reservoir and Production at EGPC,
- Abou Bakr Ibrahim the Vice President of Agreements and Exploration of Ganoub El Wadi,
- Ismail Mohamed Islmail the First Undersecretary for Exploration at the Ministry of Petroleum,
- Ashraf Farag Undersecretary of Agreements at the Ministry of Petroleum.
Industry experts participating in the roundtable discussions include:
- Patrick Allman the General Manager of Dana Gas,
- Brian Twaddle the Country Manager and Director of TransGlobe Energy,
- Lisandro Rojas the General Manager of Enap Sipetrol,
- Hesham Ismail North Africa Vice President of Halliburton,
- Amer Essawi the Vice President and General Manager of Schlumberger,
- Ahmed Abu Zeid the Country General Manager for Weatherford,
- Harry Saul President of Kuwait Energy Egypt,
- Joe Versfelt the Exploration Manager at Apache Egypt,
- Jean-Pascal Clemencon the Managing Director at Total E&P Egypt,
- Hany El Sharkwai CEO of Cheiron Holdings Ltd.,
- Mostafa El Bahr the Chairman of Agiba Petroleum Company,
- Jerome Jammal the Vice President and Managing Director of Egypt, Syria, Jordan and Lebanon Geomarket for Baker Hughes,
- Ashraf Zeid Middle East Region Reservoir Development Vice President at Baker Hughes.