Oxford Business Group is pleased to announce its media partnership with The Fourth Annual Qatar International Businesswomen Forum (QIBWF) which will be held on 11-12 November, in Qatar. In this respect we send you the following message from the conference organisers:
Dear Oxford Business Group Subscribers,
Arab Businesswomen as Change-Makers
The Fourth Annual Qatar International Businesswomen Forum (QIBWF) will be held in Doha, State of Qatar on November 11-12, 2013 at the St. Regis Doha Hotel. The forum is organized by the Qatari Businesswomen Association and Interactive Business Network – IBN, and promises to be an even bigger and more eagerly anticipated event at both the Arab and international levels after the overwhelming success of its third annual session in 2012.
Against the background of the historic developments that have been sweeping the Arab world for nearly two years now and their growing political, social and economic implications, QIBWF 2013 will take as its main theme the role of Arab businesswomen and women generally as change-makers, mainly in terms of the universal values of leadership development, organizational growth, and individually inspired societal change.
Given its status as a ground breaking event in Qatar and the Arab world, QIBWF 2013 will host leading Gulf, Arab and international speakers, and is expected to attract wide participation from senior government officials, the business community, experts in many fields, social activists, representatives of civil society, NGO’s, and women leaders in business and other professions and activities.
2012 Forum has witnessed a participation and the State of Qatar is dedicated to the empowerment of women, which is represented in the National Strategy 2011-2016. This strategy includes various initiatives to support women in education, professional training, employment in the private sector and establishment of small businesses.
- To build and promote networks between businesswomen in Qatar and the rest of the world that encourage more cooperation, and pave the way for new investment opportunities for women in various sectors and businesses.
- To provide an international platform for an exchange of ideas and expertise, to benefit from businesswomen’s success stories, and to pay tribute to the past and current achievements made by businesswomen in Qatar and the Arab world.
- To mobilize businesswomen and allow them to play an effective role in meeting and overcoming regional and international economic challenges, and in building new foundations for the economy of the future.
- The role of change-makers in theory and practice, and their impact on political, social, economic and business development: Examples from the Arab world and beyond.
- Developing and harnessing the leadership potential of businesswomen, specifically young Arab businesswomen.
- Makings of the confidence to lead in employment, public life and society at large, and awareness of values, identity and leadership style.
- Transforming institutions to make them more accountable to gender equality and women's rights.
- Removing barriers that prevent women from exercising leadership in business and social activities.
- Growing and funding entrepreneurship and innovation among women.
- Women visionaries – The makings of forward-looking Arab and international women leaders and individuals of action who were a driving force of innovation, entrepreneurship, and a new start-up culture and mindset.
Many Compelling Reasons to Attend
Benefit from the powerful opinions and the lively topics tackled by policy makers, business leaders, experts and activists.
Interact and network with leading Arab and international women leaders in business and other professions, senior government officials, financiers, economists, specialists, representatives of civil society, heads of NGOs and other prominent personalities.
Be up to date on the main issues and challenges facing the Arab economies, and how to respond and adapt to them. Hear the success stories of business women and the way to achieve success.
The Qatar International Businesswomen Forum (QIBWF) will take place at the St. Regis hotel Doha, the finest address of modern opulence and style.
The St. Regis Doha is part of Al Gassar Resort located in the emerging commercial heart of the city, West Bay, adjacent to the Pearl Island and close to the Diplomatic Area.
- Conference Venue: The Grand Ballroom
- Exhibition & Coffee Break: The Grand Ballroom Foyer