Oxford Business Group is pleased to announce our media partnership with the Corporate Governance which will be held on 25 – 27 June, in Kuala Lumpur. In this respect we send you the following message from the conference organisers:
Dear Oxford Business Group Subscribers,
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
Corporate governance is the system by which companies are directed and controlled. This involves a set of relationships between a company’s management, its board, its shareholders and other stakeholders. Corporate governance also provides the structure through which the objectives of the company are set, and the means of attaining those objectives and monitoring performance are determined.
Good corporate governance is now widely recognised as essential for establishing an attractive investment climate characterised by competitive companies and efficient financial markets. Greater efficiency commands of corporate governance are also critical to economies in an increasingly tight fiscal environment
During the last decade, policy makers, regulators and market participants around the world have increasingly come to emphasise the need to develop good corporate governance practices. The reason for this is an increasing amount of empirical evidence showing that good corporate governance facilitates corporate access to capital markets, improves investor’s confidence and contributes to corporate competitiveness. From this perspective, considerable effort at the national and international level has been invested to promote and assist efforts to improve corporate governance.
The Corporate Governance Conference will provide innovative discussions and practical examples of governance frameworks that strategically link to all aspects of an organization towards strengthening the Board structure and simultaneously leading to a competitive and effective governance structure. The conference will also explore the role and impact of ethical leadership in the public and private sectors.
BENEFITS of attending this conference:
- Integrating governance frameworks to strategic reform
- Internal control systems and sound risk management
- Integrity in Financial Reporting
- Governance update and challenges
- Disclosures rules and practices
- Board integrity and ethics
- Embracing human governance in corporate governance
- En Mohd Azlan, Governor of Institute of Internal Auditors
- Y.Bhg Dato Abdul Aziz, CEO of Malaysian Directors Academy
- Pn Rita Benoy, CEO of MSWG
- Y.Bhg Dato Jaffar Indot, President of MACD
- Y.Bhg Dato Dr R.Thillainathan
- En Megat Ishak, Head of Regulatory Compliance & Regional Expansion Tune Talk
- Koila, Executive Officer of Transparency International Fiji
Please visit www.evolution-asia.com for more information.