Oxford Business Group is pleased to announce our media partnership with the 2nd Annual Africa Insurance & Reinsurance Conference which will be held on 26-27 June, in Kenya. In this respect we send you the following message from the conference organisers:
Dear Oxford Business Group Subscribers,
2nd Annual Africa Insurance & Reinsurance Conference
This will be the second edition of the Africa Insurance & Reinsurance Conference. We are delighted to see that this intensive 2-day conference resonates with the industry and has become the single most important gathering of African P & C insurers.
Africa is now home to the world’s fastest-growing economies and experiencing a seemingly unstoppable infrastructure and project investment boom. Not only are foreign investors attracted to the exciting opportunities in the region, but African investors are also aggressively investing in this market. A growing demand for goods & services is also being fuelled by a Africa’s growing middle class. Demand for insurance products, new or otherwise, is sure to follow.
With this backdrop in mind, AIRC 2012 has put together a program offering more choices and more topical issues. To truly understand and appreciate the shifts in Africa’s insurance market, you need to hear from the very people who are making them happen.
One of the key attractions of the AIRC 2012 is its ability to bring together an influential audience. By bringing you the best minds in the industry and tapping alternative views from the outside, AIRC is designed to meet the needs of the insurance professional.
Key themes at AIRC 2012
- Regulators Perspective: If regulation is really about risk management, what risks (known, emerging, unknown) really need further regulation in Africa - Hear what, regulators, industry experts and policy specialist will have to say on this
- Market Growth Catalysts
- Hear How Small Insurers are Competing within massive competitors with armies of actuaries and sophisticated technological tools
- Towards a More Robust Risk Management Framework for Regional Insurance Players- Assessing actuarial and underwriting trends:, catastrophe models, emerging trends in their use, the uncertainty in their use and finally best practices for the use if catastrophe models
- Revisiting Key issues in the development of the Africa insurance industry
Assessing the outlook for growth potential in key insurance business lines - Life; Motor and General Lines; Health
Assessing the developments in Banc assurance
Revisiting the issues of Micro Insurance -Taking the insurance to the grassroots Matching product development to regional demographic and market trend
- Africa Insurance Investment Landscape Top rated analyst will discuss the key figures, factors and trends that make insurance company a desirable investment.
- Leveraging on Economic Capital Best practices approaches to implementing Economic Capital within the P & C insurance companies
- Development an integrated technology for the enhancement of insurance penetration - New technologies that will provide flexibility, interoperability and sophisticated analytical/modeling capabilities required to effectively compete in today's market.
- Social Media & Mobile Marketing for Insurance
- Subrogation Success:
What Insurers Can Do to Avoid Leaving Money on the Tab?
- Islamic Insurance Roundtable Debate:
Advancing the Takaful Industry to the Next Level
We looking forward to welcoming you to the Africa Insurance & Reinsurance Conference – AIRC 2012
Africa Investment & Project Finance Conference