Indonesia Economy

Displaying 13 - 18 of 349

 

How has the local government responded to the decision to move Indonesia’s capital city from Jakarta to East Kalimantan?

 

The relocation of the capital from Jakarta to East Kalimantan on Borneo looks set to create major investment opportunities if approved by Parliament. In August 2019 President Joko Widodo, better known as President Jokowi, stated that 20% of the estimated $33bn required for the development would be supplied by the state, leaving 80% open to...

 

Indonesia is characterised by substantial cultural diversity. The archipelago is made up of more than 17,000 islands, of which 6000 are permanently inhabited by 267m people. Until the turn of the new millennium, centralisation was seen as the best way forward, and economic development policies were strongly skewed towards Indonesia’s main...

 

How can technology help enhance efficiency and improve banking penetration?

 

Which measures had the greatest impact on the country’s economic trajectory over 2019?

 

With President Joko Widodo, better known as President Jokowi, voted in for a second term in 2019, the focus in early 2020 was on key structural reforms – the kind of changes which could be difficult to adjust to but at the same time create new opportunities in sectors that are seen as underperforming, such as manufacturing. Draft versions of...

Covid-19 Economic Impact Assessments

Stay updated on how some of the world’s most promising markets are being affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, and what actions governments and private businesses are taking to mitigate challenges and ensure their long-term growth story continues.

Register now and also receive a complimentary 2-month licence to the OBG Research Terminal.

Register Here×

Product successfully added to shopping cart