Bahrain Economy Infographic 2016: Building the foundation
22 Feb 2016
Higher construction and real estate activity has had a knock-on effect on the Bahraini economy, boosting a wide range of sectors.
- Banking: Lending On The Rise - Although lending in Bahrain has seen strong growth in recent years, the capital adequacy ratio was at 17.6% as of March 2015, well above the 12.5% minimum.
- Insurance: Prudent Regulation - Bahrain’s robust yet accommodating regulatory framework has facilitated considerable insurance sector activity, both from domestic players and foreign firms.
- Construction: Building Boom - Although construction activity peaked in Q1 and Q2 of 2014, a strong pipeline of infrastructure and real estate projects is set to see growth pick up in the coming years.
- Transportation: Preparing For Growth - Bahrain International Airport is undergoing a major expansion, which is set to see both passenger and cargo handling capacity increase substantially.
- Tourism: Up-market Offerings - The hotel offering in Bahrain is geared towards the higher end of the market, making the island an attractive destination for more well-heeled visitors.