Colombia Economy Infographic 2016: Peace and Prosperity
24 Feb 2016
- Sound macroeconomic policy has allowed Colombia to weather the drop in oil prices, while a peace deal with the FARC has the potential to boost economic growth.
- Economy: Showing Resilience - Although still affected by global economic trends, Colombia’s economy has proven more resilient than many of those in the wider Latin America and Caribbean region.
- Banking: On The Rise - Recent economic growth has in part been fuelled by an expansion of bank credit, with commercial loans accounting for more than 50% of the total.
- Energy: Sustaining Production - Oil production has increased rapidly in recent years and output levels have so far been sustained despite the recent drop in global energy prices.
- Construction: Building Growth - Growth in the construction sector has been robust in recent years, driven by a number of major public infrastructure projects.