For Oxford Business Group’s 10th anniversary in Saudi Arabia, we are inviting all Saudi photographers, explorers, and instagrammers to participate in our search for photo cover for our 2017 report.
OBG’s first ever photo cover contest is an international platform to showcase Saudi Arabia’s generation of talented photographers and help them flourish in the next stages of their careers. The winning photo will be the cover for the OBG’s The Report: Saudi Arabia 2017 which will be distributed amongst over 600,000 executives worldwide, through several platforms including Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters.
In line with Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030, OBG aims to support the Kingdom's growing arts and culture sector as well as promote activities to encourage the aspirations of the Saudi youth through this photo contest.
The prize for the winner, on top of the photograph being used as the cover of a report that is used as a national reference on Saudi Arabia worldwide, is a cash prize of 10,000 SAR.
All photos submitted must focus on showing the potential of Saudi Arabia’s economy and business sector.
THEME: Saudi Economic Vision
The judges are looking for good composition, creativity, and clear photographs that captures the essence of Saudi Arabia’s transformation as it works to achieve the goals of Vision 2030 in one single image.
OBG's photo cover contest is open for all photographers who are Saudi Nationals, whether professionals or amateurs, provided that entered photographs are taken in Saudi Arabia and reflect the new side of Saudi Arabia.
Please submit full colour images meeting the below specifications
Dimensions: 21cm x 29.7cm
Resolution: 305dpi in
How to submit your photo
There are 2 options for submitting your photos.
- Instagram - Upload your photo on a publicly visible account with the hashtag #OBGCoverContest
- Email - Send your entries directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Panel of Judges
Terms and Conditions
- Photos entered must be taken by applicant, using a professional or semi-professional camera.
- Only colored photos are accepted; monotone and panoramic photos are not.
- A maximum of three photos can be entered.
- Submitted photos may not be winning photos of other contests.
- Photos must be taken on or after September 1, 2015. Photos must not be older than 2 years.
- Photos submitted should be entered in digital form (jpg.) and dimensions of longest side should be no less than 3000 pixels.
- Photos submitted should be taken in the portrait orientation and shot in such a way that it fits OBG’s cover template as detailed in the submission page.
- Brightness, colors, and sharpness can be slightly altered provided the authenticity of the photo is not affected.
- Additions and/or image blending is not permitted. Framed and signed photos or photos with the date, photographer’s name, or any added element will not be accepted.
- Contest administration reserves the right to reject any submitted photo that does not comply with the specifications, objectives, themes, or conditions without giving any reasons.
- Applicant may not, under any circumstance, withdraw a photo after being submitted for entry.
- Entry into the contest should be done exclusively via the Oxford Business Group (OBG) submission page. Photos submitted using any other method will not be entered.
- The original format of the photo is considered an ownership document. Contestant might be asked to present it to contest administration and so the photo must be saved in its original format as it was taken by the camera without any alterations whatsoever. Contestant is to send the original format of the photo within 24 hours of date of request any late submission is cause of disqualification.
- Event judges, organizing officials of the photo contest, and OBG employees may not enter into the contest.
- Saudi time (3 + GMT) is the approved reference for all announced dates and timings.
- Entry terms and conditions are final. Entry into competition signifies prior acceptance of all terms and conditions stated above. Entries that fail to meet the previously stated terms and conditions will be disregarded.
- Organizing committee reserves the right to disqualify any photo without cause. The committee also reserves the right to withhold the award(s) if entries do not meet required specifications or if applicant is in violation of contest terms and conditions, whether that has been proven before qualification, during arbitration or even after announcing the winners. Applicant then must return all cash amounts and in kind prizes to the organizing committee.
The photographer has the ownership of the submitted photo and he/she shall remain the sole owner, considering the following:
- Participating photos: OBG reserves the right to use submitted photos (whether winning or not) in expo and the competition booklet, and in any other media or materials associated with the competition or their promotion.
- Winning photos: OBG reserves the right to use winning photos in various media used including exhibitions, advertisements, booklets, publications and other online media. OBG also reserves the right to authorize a third party to reproduce and publish the photos in any commercial and non-commercial media, whether local or international for the purpose of promoting Saudi Arabia and/or the company and advertising them via other parties.
Once an applicant enters into the contest, he/she shall have pledged to do the following:
- He/she is the sole owner of all rights related to the submitted photo (including all elements in the photo and related creative ideas), and no third party has the right of any kind regarding submitted photo. The applicant assumes full responsibility whether privileged or criminal.
- No action, under any circumstance, will be taken with regards to any rights of the photo. For example, if the photo was sold, waivered, or granted to another person or organization, it will be in violation of the stated conditions, or hold administration or OBG liability of any sort, or hinder the free handling the photo and its related rights.
- Applicant must have obtained all necessary releases from individuals and private properties shown in the submitted photo(s), with permission to publish the photos in publications, exhibitions, or advertisements as per the conditions mentioned above.
- Applicant shall comply with all religious, moral, legal, and customary regulations applied in Saudi Arabia.
- Applicant pledges to have reviewed all information and terms and conditions required for the application to the contest, complete and full approval, and non-objection whatsoever of the aforementioned stipulations whether during the contest or after the results are announced.